CEI assists nonprofit clients throughout California and other states with a range of new construction and rehabilitation developments serving low-income families, seniors, and special needs households. Projects range from urban service enriched apartments for homeless individuals to suburban senior developments, to rural housing for farm worker families.
Alongside our primary work with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program, CEI has worked with clients using other types of financing including cash backed tax exempt bond structures such as Freddie Mac and HUD 221(d)(4) structures, HUD 202 and 811 funding, Opportunity Zone incentives, and New Market Tax Credits.
CEI assistance includes:
- • property acquisition strategies
- • selection of development team members
- • financial feasibility analysis
- • structuring of multi-layered project financing
- • applications for conventional and tax-exempt bond financing
- • applications to local, state, federal soft financing and subsidy sources
- • negotiations with lenders and investors
- • assistance with the development process through occupancy